The current lead time is 2 Weeks.
The FabX 3D Printers are available for rent on a daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.
All logistics will be borne by 3Ding. The rental FabX will be shipped via courier (1-3 days.). A shipping surcharge might be applicable for Tier 2 & 3 cities or for day/week rentals, depending on the location. Return instructions will be sent via email.
Steps to Rent a 3D Printer
- Choose your desired variant, rental period & add to cart.
- Add Refundable Deposit & if required, Filaments to cart.
- Enter your billing/shipping details, pay & complete your order.
- A representative will contact you to verify your details before shipping the product.
- Once the product is delivered, the rental period starts.
- If you're a first time user, please refer to our Getting Started Page: 3Ding.in/start.
- Basic support can be availed by writing to support@3Ding.in.
- The product's original packaging has to be retained for return pickup.
Please note that if you're completely new to 3D Printing then follow 3Ding.in/Services , there will be a slight learning curve - both on your 3D Printing skills as well as the DfAM skills. Any failures in prints without the proper design or operating knowledge will not be entertained as machine-level.
Extension or Return Pickup
- We'll contact you 1-2 days before your rental period expires.
- Should you choose to extend, come back to this page, choose the tenure & pay for the same.
- Should you choose to return, pack it in its original packaging. We'll raise a pickup.
- Once we receive the item, we'll check the product for defects or damages; if everything is clear, the rental deposit will be refunded in 1-2 business days.
- Consumables (Filaments) are to be purchased separately.
- We recommend procuring premium quality filaments from 3Ding.
- We do not prevent you to use 3rd party filaments, but in case of damages due to the same, an appropriate cost would be charged.
In case you decide to own the 3D Printer, Rental Purchase discounts are applicable as follows:
- Minimum rental tenure of 1 month.
- Rental purchase discounts are calculated at 50% of the rent paid.
E.g 1: FabX Pro rented for 3 individual months 6999*3*50% = 10499 would be the discount from the MRP.
E.g 2: FabX Pro rented for 1 Quarter 17999*50% = 8999 would be the discount from the MRP.
- The rental discounts of 50% would be capped at a maximum of 6 months.
Possible use cases on why you should rent a 3D Printer
- Events / Expos requiring multiple 3D Printers for 1-2 days' usage.
- Individuals trying to start a 3D Printing business can rent machines temporarily based on orders in hand, assess the earning potential & later decide to procure machines as per requirement. [Commercially, if run at full capacity, a machine can earn revenues of 2K-3K per day.]
- College/University students who are experimenting with designs for their final year projects requiring 3D Printer for a specific period of time and do not want to own a 3D Printer. 1-2 months' rent could be split by multiple groups of students making it very affordable.
- Designers/Hobbyists wanting to prototype a one-off project to improve it very rapidly with minor changes every prototype, for whom service bureaus are slower and owning a 3D Printer might not be a worthy long-term investment.
- Startups who have perfected a design but need 100s of units over a short period of time, to rapidly, produce & test their product (before mass manufacturing), can rent multiple 3D Printers for a short period, for low quantity batch productions.
- Seasonal businesses like training centers or gifting services needing extra machines for the holiday seasons.
- A copy of the AADHAAR would be required for KYC purposes.
- If an extension in rental duration is required, the same needs to be conveyed 24 hours prior. Actual rents are applicable.
- Delay in return of the machine or renewal of rental would be penalized at Rs. 1000/- per day.
- Physical Damages in return transit would be penalized as per actuals. In case of machine damages exceeding the refundable deposit, you agree to pay the difference. To avoid damages, kindly store the original packaging box, foam etc & use the same for repacking during return.
- Any Machine abuse, such as trying to use with wrong temperature profiles, would be penalized.